Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hummingbirds and Squirrels

The hummingbirds have been very active this week, they have been drinking almost 4 ounces of food daily. I think the heat has finally taken a toll on them. Usually we only have 2 -4 birds fighting over the feeder, this past weekend we had up to 6 birds buzzing one another at the feeder. I finally got the camera set-up, so DB & I could get a couple of pictures of the birds.




We also had a squirrel visit us this weekend. While I was busy reading (the joys of school), DB came in and asked what the squirrel was doing on the deck. I am not sure how to describe what the little guy/gal was doing, you can decide for yourself.
If you look closely, he was on the deck long enough to have used it as a bathroom area...



No comments:

Post a Comment