Thursday, February 24, 2011

List Day 5

I am just cruising along on this list challenge, aren't I?  You really don't have to answer that, I know there is no consistency in this blog or my life! 

Here is list question 5: What books have I read?

Up until I started school, I read all the time.  Well, I still read all the time, only they are not books of my choosing.  I belonged to a great book website called BooksFree.  For a monthly charge, I had a list of books that I wanted to read and they would ship them out two at a time.  I could keep the books as long as I wanted before returning them for the next two on my list.  It was a great way to discover new authors and if I did not like the book, I was not out any money. I just returned the book for the next one on the list.  I read over 100 books in a year with this company.  

Then came my bright idea of getting a Masters degree and all the pleasure reading came to a screeching halt.  Instead, I read exciting books such as Development Economics Reader and Globalization and its Discontents. Over the holiday break, I was able to read a couple of books for pleasure:

Marked (House of Night) by Kristen Kast
Betrayed (House of Night) by Kristen Kast
I Heard You Paint Houses by Frank Sheeran

I have to admit, I read these on the Kindle that Doodle bought me.  I like the Kindle, it is easy, portable, but I miss holding a book and turning the pages.  So, that really does not answer the question, what books have a read.  I have read thousands of books, too many to possible list them all.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment