Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Brazil Part 4

Leaving Sao Paulo
Our time in Sao Paulo, quickly came to a close and we jumped on Azure Airlines to fly to Rio de Janeiro.  Flying out of Sao Paulo gave another view how how large the city is, it went on and on and then there was nothingness and then all of a sudden, the outskirts of Rio.   

On the way to Rio, we flew through these puffy white clouds, I so wanted to be able to touch them... 



The plane circled the bay area for some reason, giving all of us a great view.
 First glimpse of Sugarloaf

I thought the sun coming through the clouds was just beautiful over the water and bridge.
 
You can just see Christ the Redeemer in the background.


Rio is just as large as Sao Paulo but more beautiful.  The city is flanked on one side by mountains and the other by the ocean.  After checking into the hotel, we all walked one block to the beach and stuck our feet in the water.  You can see the favela that has the best view in all of Rio.



I can honestly say, I have never imagined myself sitting on the beach in Rio drinking coconut juice.  Arriving in Rio on Friday night was certainly great for all the young people in the group, they found a nightclub that did not open until midnight... I think they got in that next morning around 6 am.  From what I hear, a good time was had by all!

I had a slight pity party for myself at midnight in Rio the first night... I was getting ready for bed, pulled back the sheets and there was blood stains on the sheets.  AGHAST, I called the front desk in a panic.  Now let me remind you, I do not speak Portuguese and the desk people did not speak English.  After several panicked minutes, they understood sheets and sent someone up with a new set.  I must have made quite an impression because the next day when I asked for the air conditioning to be turned on they automatically said room 507.  More on the air conditioning and our adventures next time.


Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment