Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Disappointed

I have been at the internship for two weeks now and disappointed is all I can say.  I had such high hopes that I would learn so much, meet new people, and make some great connections.  Instead, I do data entry, copy and paste spreadsheets, and answer telephones.  No one talks to me... I suppose I should clarify that and say, I do not talk to them either.  After all that, I get to fight traffic for up to two hours, not getting home until 7:30 pm.  I am just as tired as I was when I had to come straight home and study.  I suppose the good news, I only have 14 weeks to go and then I am finished with the internship.  I have hopes it will improve... one must always hope!

Changing topics, Doodle asked that we make tomatoes and okra.  It actually turned out pretty good for not really having a recipe.  We used the okra out of the garden, some chicken sausage and canned tomatoes from Doodles mom. (YUM)  A couple of the okra had gotten way too big and were chewy, but I am learning when is the optimal time to pick them.  I still think they are gross to touch, all snotty and slimy... I digress.  



After adding the tomatoes, we let it simmer until it thickened. 

 
We made rice to go along with it, I was very pleased with how it turned out and so easy!


Finally, the deck is still a work in progress, the deck boards are on, minus two, I will get some pictures this weekend and hope to go shopping for patio furniture as well. 


*Smiles

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Hopefully, things will get better 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried okra once. "Snotty" is a good word. YUK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had steamed okra once and like snotty slime is how I described it. In soup though it is quite good. I hope your 14 weeks go by fast for you. Ideally this intership should be a learning experience...I guess you're learning that not all is a bed of roses :( Hopefully things improve.

    ReplyDelete