Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peeing on Pumpkins

The deer have been eating my pumpkin plants, at least I am assuming it is the deer as the tops of the tomato plants were eaten as well.  They have consumed three plants leaving me with one plant that is looking good and two smaller plants that are hanging on for deer (he he) life.

I was complaining about this to a friend and she stated that here in the South, to keep the deer out of the garden, people pee along the perimeter and use human hair.  So with that in mind, I send Doodle an email asking him to pee on the pumpkins when he returns home last night.  Our conversation was quite animated about the topic but I finally convinced him this is something that will save the pumpkins. 


SO... last night, Doodle peed outside on the pumpkins.  In the middle of the night, he actually stumbled outside and peed again.  My contribution to the growth of the pumpkins... hair from my brush.  I have to admit, I am beginning to wonder if my friend is strictly making this up in order to get a laugh.  


Our pumpkins are surrounded by hair and pee.  I never in my life that I would say that!

1 comment:

  1. It's probably a good thing that you don't eat the outside of a pumpkin.

    I gave you a blogging award. I just got my first one and had to share it with someone's blog I find very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete