Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Freeze

Hallelujah!

We had our first freeze last night.  The houses, grass, cars, etc are covered in that fine, white, icy, goodness that means the bugs are dying and Fall is here to stay.

Last night we made the Shrimp Newberg from The Dinner A'Fare. 

WOW!

It was great, just spicy enough.  My only complaint was they were light on the amount of shrimp, but that is easy enough to rectify, I will just add more next time.  If you have never tried Shrimp Newberg and like foods with just the right amount of spice, try making it.

For dessert, I made a Harvey Wallbanger Cake.  It is fashioned after the drink and while not as good as the drink in my opinion, I do love this cake.  I use a recipe that calls for an orange cake mix (so hard to find) and vanilla pudding.  It took us three try's to get the glaze right and it still did not look right to me but it tasted okay.  This morning I figured out what we did wrong.... I will be adding more glaze to the cake this morning.   

Tonight, for football, we are going to grill steaks and try the fancy 2004 bottle of wine that we won.  I am anxious to see if the wine is any good. 

I hope everyone is having an adventure filled, wonderful weekend!

*Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment