Saturday, November 19, 2011

Disney Institute of Leadership

Logo from Disney Institute
"Courage is the main quality of leadership, in my opinion, no matter where it is exercised. Usually it implies some risk."
~ Walt Disney


I was lucky enough to attend a lecture this week sponsored by my employer featuring the Disney Institute.  The lecture was about "Inspiring Creativity".  A co-worker and I love all things Disney, so we signed up to attend the event.  It was interesting to see how Disney solves problems by bringing together people from across the departments.  The biggest thing I took away from the lecture was how Disney defines creativity.  It is not about thinking outside the box but rather knowing your box and then expanding it. This ensures that the organizational identity remains consistent and it known by everyone. 

Check out the link to the Disney Institute and see what they are all about, it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment