Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Internship Finale

My internship is officially over!  While there were moments I hated it, there were also moments of great joy and laughter.  I have walked away with new friends that I would have never had the chance to meet had I not been a part of the organization. Yesterday, they were nice enough to bring in lunch for everyone and surprised me with two beautiful gifts.  The first a Turkish coffee set and a lesson on how to make the perfect coffee.  I have a feeling it is going to take me quite awhile to make it the "Turkish Way".

The second gift was a picture that I fell in love with my first week at the center.  It is apparently a painting done on glass by a rather famous Turkish artist.  I have no idea the meaning behind the figure, that started a lively debt yesterday when I asked, so I need to do some research. 

I was humbled by their generosity and plan to stay in touch with everyone and help with their upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment