Tuesday, January 24, 2012

14.45 Inches

Is the amount of rain we have received in Georgia since January 1st!  The past three days have been filled with rain, dreariness, and cold... which may explain why this post is yet again about recipes that Doodle and I tried.  I must admit, I am becoming a fan of these Southern Living cookbooks but wonder at the amount of fat and butter I am now consuming. 

Photo Credit
Sunday night, Doodle and I made Beef Tenderloin with Bourbon Mushroom Sauce and Corn-Cheese Spoonbread.  The Bourbon Mushroom Sauce was excellent and Doodle really loved the tenderloin.  But in my opinion, the star of the dinner was the Spoonbread.  When we started out, neither Doodle or I had heard of Spoonbread but we certainly will be making it again and again and again!

Ingredients

* 4 eggs, beaten
* 2 (17 oz) can cream-style corn
* 1/2 cup butter melted
* 1 (6oz) package Mexican cornbread mix - I could not find this, we just added diced jalapeno's to ours
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preperation

Combine eggs, corn, butter, cornbread mix, and baking powder in a large bowl.  Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Sprinkle top of casserole evenly with shredded Cheddar cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Please have the rain stop in Oklahoma on its way to Georgia. We need it so badly.

    Spoonbread is delicious.

    ReplyDelete