Friday, January 13, 2012

Fragments of Nothingness

Thank you Mrs. 4444 for again hosting Friday Fragments.  Drop in to say "hello".

Mommy's Idea

*****
 I have decided I live a most boring life. Absolutely nothing happens.  I work, I eat, I go to the barn, I sleep, I get up and do it all over again.

This week as dragged on forever! It feels like it has taken 3 weeks to get to Friday.  The upside, it is a three day weekend, thank you Martin Luther King!

It has rained all week, I am tried of being at the barn in the rain which equals MUD and YUCK!

Speaking of the barn, I do own a horse, who at times is the ban of my existence.  Getting back into riding after 18 months off has been challenging to say the least.

Photo Credit
Has anyone been to Mt. Everest?  I have always wanted to climb Mt. Everest.  Does not everyone want to climb Everest?  I found a trip where you can trek to base camp, this is right up my alley!  However, Doodle was less than excited, in fact, I think he thinks me quite mad.



The whole Project 365 has become a gigantic failure.  I lasted 3 days.  I am not sure what that says about me.

5 comments:

  1. We just watched a dvd about climbing to the top of Mount McKinley. That is way too hard and these people work a month to climb it and then spend about 30 minutes at the top because it is so cold. Lack of oxygen doesn't sound fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has done some climbing in South America and in spite of living at quite an altitude, she suffered from altitude sickness on the climb.

    Believe me, a great many people have never given a second thought to climbing mountains-----or exploring caves, or a great many other outdoor challenging endeavors. It isn't a universal urge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't climbed Mt. Everest, but I have hiked to the top of Mt. St. Helens. I suppose that would be a nice "starter mountain" for you :) My husband isn't interested in that kind of thing, but he is a wonderful cook, so I forgive him.haha

    Owning a horse is also something I'm not familiar with, but I'm sure it's worth all of the work :)

    Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I have a slight fear of heights which interfers a bit with mountain climbing. Trekking to the base camp would be a wonderful experience, but actually climbing to the top of Mt. Everest requires you to become an acomplished mountain climber (if you wish to survive the experience)which is a complicated and difficult process. Better get that climbing gear now and start practicing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lasted 3 days...that's better than I did! I "thought" about doing it this year, but then never got around to it!
    When we lived in SC, there was a Catawba Indian Center not far from where we lived; they would have a day of celebrations Thanksgiving weekend that we went to a couple of times. Very interesting. It's sad that nobody knows about the place you were talking about.
    You asked about the Hunger Games: It's set in the future, in what was the USA. There are 12 different districts, and each one has 2 kids between the ages of 11 and 18 who "play" a survival game to the finish. The last one alive wins. The movie is coming out March 23, so I wanted to read it before it came out. It's all the rage, especially since the Twilight movie excitement has died down some!

    ReplyDelete