Monday, February 20, 2012

Rained Out

So much for the great backyard bird count... the overall rain, dampness, and all round dreariness, prevented me from sitting outside watching the birds.  For some reason they are still claiming that our part of Georgia is in a drought, our rain gauge currently reads 18.74 inches and that is since January 1st! 

I think the dreariness is effecting Doodle's and my happiness.  We just do not have energy to get much accomplished right now.  I bought a bunch of flower bulbs that need to be planted but we just cannot get our act together to get them in the ground.  I did start planning what we are going to plant in the garden this year and the list is getting a bit out of control.  I think I have Spring fever but the weather is not conducive to being outside.   

I am ready for the flowers to bloom, the grass to green up, and sitting outside with a fire...

1 comment:

  1. It can take a long time for a drought to be declared over. The water table levels have to get close to normal and if you've gotten a lot of rain all at once it didn't soak into the ground like it needs to.

    ReplyDelete