Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hell

I have descended into HELL and it is called Dale Carnegie.  Specifically a three day immersion class called Strictly Business.  According to their website this course is designed to, "equip you to perform as a persuasive communicator, creative problem solver and intelligent risk-taker. The program emphasizes the principles of success and shows you how to put them into action every day". 

Let's break this down...

"Equip you to perform as a persuasive communicator" = give impromptu speeches on topics of their choosing.  I would rather be in front of a firing squad than speak in front of a group. I literally started crying in front of thirty strangers because I was so nervous.  Did not even really give a speech... that was professional and a great way to equip me for being a persuasive communicator.

I DO NOT SPEAK IN FRONT OF GROUPS. 

Why is that so hard to understand.  Why cannot my supervisor just accept me as I am, instead of making me into what she wants me to be.  I was so embarrassed, humiliated, a failure, and the best part, there were five other co-workers there that watched me fall apart.  I am sure the emails were flying back to the office! 

The worse part, I have to return tomorrow, and go through HELL again.  I hate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment