Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th Fragments

Hi everyone!  A huge thank you going out to Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time for bringing us a place to dump the fragments of our week and for all the participants.  Mommy's Idea

* I cannot believe it is the middle of July, this year is flying by. By contrast, the week has been long.  

* I absolutely hate working full-time.  I definitely got spoiled with my 30 hour a week schedule for 6 months.  Even though I am six weeks into the 40 hour schedule, when 1:00 pm roles around, I am ready to head out.  The last three hours of the day seem like thirty to me.

* Doodle and I were in California over the weekend visiting family.  This is the first time I have been back where I wanted to stay.  I am sure it had something to do with the perfect weather, the culture, the food, the beach... I so miss home!

* I will be doing a full post of the places we visited but here is a preview:  The Getty Center, The Griffith Observatory, San Juan Capistrano Mission, The Pageant of the Masters. 

* We have finally been getting rain in Atlanta this week.  We managed almost 2 inches yesterday...

* I am saddened and angry by the news coming out of Syria.  I try hard not to speak about my personal views on most topics but this is too much.  Why is the international community not doing something?  Why are we not doing something?  Where is our leadership? 

* In the same breath, the world is just sitting back and watching as hundred year old shrines are destroyed in Timbuktu, Mali all because someone thinks the shrines do not adhere to strict Islamic views.  I believe we are well on our way to destroying ourselves.  

1 comment:

  1. More then once lately I have been thankful that most of my life has been lived in better time. Seeing things from my now advanced age I would surely hate to be a child facing the world they are going to have to live in.

    ReplyDelete