Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friday Fragments - Saturday Style

I meant to post this last night but we finally had a pop-up storm over our area, resulting in an inch of rain, lots of wind, and we lost power.  It was WONDERFUL!  So this morning, I am finishing what I started.

Mommy's Idea

A big thank you again to Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time for hosting Friday Fragments and to all the wonderful bloggers that participate.

This week seemed longer than the normal 5 days of work and the scary thing, I only worked 4 days!  I am really considering working 10 hour days so I can have each Wednesday off.  How much harder can it be when I am already at work 9.5 hours anyway!

It was quite interesting to notice that when I titled my blog post about California after Herb Ritts and Gustav Klimt that I had more page views than I have followers. I can see why people just throw out a famous trending name every now and again.

I have had a couple of riding lessons at a new barn and boy is it different.  This place is old school, all about "learning to ride", I am certainly not use to be yelled at again.  I am back to feeling like I am totally incapable of riding. 

I pulled out half of our garden and I think part of the problem may have been me planting the vegetables too close together because it looks like they might be growing.  Guess the spacing guidelines are not just a suggestion.

The pumpkin plant is still growing but so far no plants but lots of blooms, maybe, just maybe I will have a pumpkin.

Doodle and I are trying to decide if we are going on a vacation this fall or not.  I want to go somewhere exotic but the prices, how does anyone afford a vacation?  When did everything begin costing so much? 

Happy weekend everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I think working 10 hour days to have an extra day off might just be worth it!

    We once had a garden and produced massive amounts of jalapenos and tomatos but our squash lacked something! We haven't had one since but have threatened to each year!

    It's awfully expensive to go anywhere on vacation, but we are going about 45 minutes away in our motorhome to the beach. :) We're hoping for a day or two without rain. You probably live close enough to the Panhandle of Florida to be experiencing the daily rains.

    ReplyDelete