Saturday, October 6, 2012

$800 Estimate

Thanks for all the well wishes for Mo!  She spent the day at the vet (kitty motel) and is now home with us for the weekend.  She will return to the kitty motel on Tuesday for removal of the growth.  The estimate the vet provided ranges from $500.00 to $800.00 depending on what they find when the remove the growth.  They want to send it off to be analyzed but I am going to decline this expense. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the cost of this.  $800.00 is a house payment! 

I suppose others spend much, much more on their babies and we have been very lucky that everyone has been relatively healthy throughout the years.  So I will make the $800.00 payment to the vet on Tuesday and eat Ramon Noodles for the rest of the month!

4 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie. I hope she will be okay. I've never told my husband how much our cat Andee has cost us over these last 16 years. He's my million dollar cat. You do almost anything for family, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope the cat gets well. Pets are just as expensive as children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your cat heals quickly and is back purring soon. Honestly, this type of situation is a touchy subject with me. It just seems too much money is spent to only get months more at times. I don't know if cat and dog lifespans have increased but their medical bills sure have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you Bill. I think it stems from the fact so many people have chosen not to have or cannot have children... these pets are the kids.

      Delete