Thursday, October 11, 2012

Creole Jambalaya

Source
Doodle and I have been looking for a recipe to use with smoked turkey sausage.  I happened across this new product by McCormick Gourmet in the pasta area and decided to take a chance.  We used the recipe on the back of the package and it actually was quite good

The recipe called for:
1/2 pound chicken
1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage
1/2 pound large shrimp
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup onion
1 cup celery
1 cup rice
oil
water


Everything cooks in a large pot on the stove so clean-up is a breeze and it made more than enough for us to have left-overs.  I was quite impressed with the flavor, not overpowering but with just enough of a kick to make it good.  It was easy; total cooking time, including cleaning the shrimp (YUCK) was just over an hour. You could also use this product as a base and add whatever meats or seafood that you wanted. 

PS. This is not a paid advertisement, I just liked the product and thought I would share. 

2 comments:

  1. I've done something similar with Zataran's mixes. My BFF's mother was raised in New Orlean's and she says it's a pretty close approximation of her grandma's. She's as close to an expert as I know, so I figure why not?

    ReplyDelete