Sunday, October 14, 2012

Local County Fair

source
This weekend is the last for the Cumming Country Fair and Festival, so Doodle and I decided we should check it out.  Okay, I really wanted a caramel apple and I love state fairs, they are just so American.  The Georgia State Fair was this weekend also, but a couple hours away. 

The local fair was crowded, they had all the games that no one can win at, the rides, a petting zoo, a four foot rat, man eating snake, chainsaw carving, a working cotton gin (really neat), Indian camp, some local businesses, and of course the food.  Fried Koolaid, Fried Dough, Fried Chicken, Fried Snickers, French Fries... are you getting the idea? 

But, wait, where is my elusive caramel apple? 
source

I began to despair!

Does no one eat caramel apples?

Oh, there they are... Candied and Caramel Apples!  It was good!  The apple was fresh and tart, the caramel not overly sweet.  I enjoyed every last bite of it!

So while the fair was just okay, they did not have all the animals raised by kids in 4-H or quilts or any of the stuff at the state fair, I did score my caramel apple and it only cost us $24.00! 

hhhmmmm, maybe I should rethink the whole going to a local fair just to eat an apple... NAH, it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment