Welcome everyone to another edition of Friday Fragments. What a week it has been!
* Finally the political ads are done and finished for oh maybe the next six months before they start up again. I am grateful that I live in a country where we celebrate freedom of speech, but I wish there was a truth-o-meter with all these ads, speeches, and debates, perhaps, it would limit the number and scale of lies.
* I am sure the politicians would not say lies, rather, stretching of their truths.
* Why is my degree in Political Science again?
* I am off today, a dear friend and I get together every November for our annual shopping day. Back when her children were young, we shopped until we dropped. Today, we will meet for breakfast, poke around some of our favorite stores, have lunch, laugh and talk, the shopping has taken a back seat the older her children of gotten. In fact, her son is driving now... I just made myself feel old!
* The weather has turned colder here, we are freezing at night with highs in the 50's. Although this weekend they are saying we will be back in the 70's and I wonder why I cannot find a thing to wear... how does one dress for 40 degree temperature swings?
* Have a grand weekend everyone. Stay warm, safe, and dry. If you are in the Northeast, know that everyone is wishing you well and that the power crews are working as quickly as possible. It just takes time, trust me, I know!