Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolutions

Do you make resolutions?  I do not, I do not see the point in setting yourself up for failure.  I do however, believe in setting goals.  For the past 4 weeks or so, Doodle and I have been running... well more accurately attempting to run!  One of my bucket list items is to run a marathon (yes, I am insane)!

I had downloaded the C25K (couch to 5K) app, oh a few months ago and just never got around to beginning it.  Now I know why.  This crazy app tells you to run or walk at regular intervals that is suppose to allow you to run a 5K in 8 weeks.  I have my doubts, especially since I am winded by the 15 minute mark and then struggle to make it back to the house. 

The first couple of weeks, I swear the app was saying "Run Fat Woman, Faster, Faster" when it spoke to me.  Of course, it could have been related to the fact I was generally wheezing by the time we hit the top of our hill and did not stop for the next 30 minutes.

There have been days that I just cannot finish the last run part, I am done and end up walking back to the house. So, this week, we are trying something different, instead of running in our neighborhood with the plethora of hills, we are headed to a local park where it is flat. I am hoping the flat will allow me to build up my endurance without the hills slowing me down.  According to the app, we should be ready for our 5K at the end of this month... that is not a lot of time to get me ready.

Photo Credit
The goal, run the Disney Marathon which is taking place this week.  Next year, I know I can be there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment