Saturday, August 24, 2013

Schools In

Wow, the summer flew by, I know I say that every year, in fact, the older I get, the faster it seems time is going.  I have been at my new job for almost two months and to be honest, I love it!  Yes, some of the students drive me nuts!  Yes, some of the faculty are challenging! But, really, this was the best move for my sanity, I needed a change to a new department, with new faces, new challenges, and new accomplishments.  And, guess what...

I won Staff Employee of the Year for 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that again, I won Staff Employee of the Year!!!!!!!

I was absolutely thrilled, speechless and humbled.  It was nice to finally be recognized for working so hard the past 5 years to ensure everyone else has a positive experience.

On a completely separate note, I am taking a class in Leadership and would you believe we had 8 chapters to read the first week and this is only for a certificate, the instructor certainly means business!  The reading was in my opinion relatively dull but I managed to get it read and my writings turned in before the deadline... in fact, I really should be working on that now.  Signing off... Have a grand weekend everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! You certainly deserve it. I know your weekend will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my....that is so super to have read that you were employee of 2013!!! That deserves a drink on me!!! Cheers...and hoping your 2014 will be just as rewarding to you and the staff!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete