Sunday, September 4, 2016

Yesterday was hard

Yesterday was hard! My father would have been 84 years old on September 3rd. While we were not especially close, in fact we were rather distant... he is still/was my father and I miss him. I miss the fact that I cannot call and hear his voice. I miss that I cannot call and tell him about my week and month; fill him in on the horses and the shows that I have been too. Send him the videos that Doodle took of the shows so that he can watch my passion.

I am grateful for Doodle being there while I cried, cried for the times lost, for the memories that will not be made and for the times remembered.

I miss you Pa. Happy Birthday and I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I had the same type of relationship with my dad, though without the friendly phone calls. I don't miss him; I miss the man I wish he'd have let me see more often, as those outside our family got to see his funny, thoughtful side. I did love him, though. He would have been 89 this month. Wow. I'm glad you have Doodlebug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same type of relationship with my dad, though without the friendly phone calls. I don't miss him; I miss the man I wish he'd have let me see more often, as those outside our family got to see his funny, thoughtful side. I did love him, though. He would have been 89 this month. Wow. I'm glad you have Doodlebug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you know how special and valuable you are!

      Delete